Level 3 (RQF) First Aid at Work Requalification
A requalification course, in accordance with the Health and Safety (First Aid) Regulations 1981, for those who have a valid First Aid at Work (FAW) certificate but are reaching the end of their qualification period.
Who should complete this course?
This qualification is for people who have a specific responsibility at work, or in voluntary and community activities, to provide help to people in a range of first aid situations and already have a valid FAW certificate.
- day course that covers both theory and practical training in the following areas:
- The role of the First Aider, Contents of First Aid boxes and recording of accidents
- Initial assessment of a situation
- Treating a casualty who:
– Is unconscious
– Requires CPR and the use of an AED
– Is choking
– Is bleeding
– Is in shock
Has minor conditions, including cuts/grazes, bruises
- Treating a casualty with:
– Bone, muscle and joint injuries (including suspected spinal injury)
– Burns and scalds
– Eye injuries
– Anaphylactic shock
- Treating a casualty with a major illness, including heart attack, stroke, epilepsy, asthma & diabetes
Candidates are continuously assessed throughout the course by way of practical assessments and multi-choice question papers. Successful completion of the assessment provides candidates with a FAW certificate that is valid for 3 years from the date of the course. Re-qualification is required after 3 years. The HSE strongly recommend that skills are updated by attending an annual half day refresher course.
£150 per candidate (group rates available for courses taught in your workplace)
Next Course Dates: Contact us for future course dates.
Royal Life Saving Society UK
“Thank you so much for a great week lifeguarding. It was hard work but I loved every minute! I have already applied for a job lifeguarding and will definitely be recommending your course to my friends.”
Get In Touch
Location: Living First Aid, 26 Burlingham Rd, South Walsham, Norwich NR13 6DT
Telephone: 01603 270582
Hours: M-F: 8.30am – 5.30pm